Ableton PUSH Core I - Online
Learn to produce, create, sample, arrange, pad drum and mix with Ableton's flagship instrument Push.
Instructor: Mitch Lee (Ableton Certified Trainer) & Isaac Cotec (Ableton Certified Trainer)
Price: $371 USD - £264 GBP - $499 CAD
Start Dates: February 27 - April 10 2017, April 17 - June May 29 2017, June 5 - July 17 2017
Who is this course for?
- Push users who are looking to get more out of their Push instrument
- Producers brand new to Push
What you will need
- Ableton Live 9.5 Suite (purchase the EDU version and save up to $300)
- Ableton Push 2 (Push 1 users are welcome however the course is focussed on Push 2 and Push 1 users will not be able to follow along on some lessons, ie: Sampling Workflow).
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are looking for weekly guidance and the ability to ask questions and get feedback on your production
- You want more than just a manual
- You want weekly assignments and exercises
- You want workflow advice and ideas
- You own a Push and want to learn production techniques
- You own a Push and want to learn arranging and mixing techniques
This course is NOT for you if:
- You do not understand basic Ableton concepts
- You do not own a Push
i own a push 1, can i take this course?
This course is taught with a Push 2. Many of the concepts will apply to Push 1 owners, however the lesson on Sampling will be specific to Push 2 owners. 75% of the lessons will apply to Push 1 owners.
HOW MUCH TIME A WEEK SHOULD I BUDGET?
- Each lesson will be about 30min - 1hour to go through. Some students watch it 2-3 times.
- You are then given an assignment which could take you any where from 15min - 1.5 hours depending on how deep you. Assignments are optional however are recommended as you will receive 1on1 video feedback from your instructor.
- Each week there is either a group online chat (1 hour Skype) or 1on1 chat (15min Skype) with your instructor.
- You are encouraged to spend 10minutes a day on Melodics (drum pad practice app).
HOW IT WORKS
- Every Saturday at 2pm MT we unlock a new lesson, live packs, samples and assignments through the online Beat Drop classroom.
- If you would like feedback you send your week's assignment to your instructor for 1on1 video feedback.
- Every week you will have either a 1on1 virtual call or a real time class chat and review the week's lessons and answer any questions you might have.
- Group Calls are on Saturday's at 12:00pm MT (Calgary AB Canada). Check your Time Zone.
- 1on1 calls are Tuesday's or Saturday's at a time you schedule with the instructor.
- You can network and collaborate with your class on a daily basis on our private online classroom.
- You will receive a 2 month membership to Melodics. Melodics is an app that is incorporated into your weekly lesson's to help you get better at pad drumming, faster.
- You will have 3 month's to access the videos and lessons.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THIS COURSE?
- You will have 6 week access to the instructor
- You will have a lifetime access to the online lessons
- Browsing and loading sounds
- Programming beats
- Recording Audio with the Push
- Pad Drumming and Cue Point Drumming
- Recording drums in real time
- Step sequencing drums and melodic elements
- Making your drums groove
- Understanding notes and scales
- Creating chords and arpeggios
- Sampling with the Push
- Synthesis with the Push
- Controlling the mixer
- Controlling Live devices
- Performing Live with Push
- Arranging and Song structure
- 64 pad drumming and sound design
- Browsing and loading third-party plugins
Lesson 1 - Beat Production
- Finger/Pad Drumming
- Step Sequencing
- Hybrid Programming
- Pad Drumming and Melodics
Lesson 2 - Sampling Workflow
- Creating a Loop
- Sampling from Vinyl
- Sampling Drums
- Sampling from your computer
- Creating an instrument from Samples
Lesson 3 - Notes, Scales and Chords
- Isomorphic Keyboard Layout
- Finger positions and techniques
- Chord Progressions
- Melodic Step Sequencer
Lesson 4 - Recording Audio
- Recording with a Foot Pedal
- Recording Guitar
- Third Party Plugins
- Recording Bass
- Loop and Fixed Length Recording
- Controlling a Hardware Synth
Lesson 5 - Arranging and Mixing
- Macro Arranging on the Push
- Organizing and Preparing Clips
- Creating New Scenes
- Recording into Arrangement View
- Mixing Techniques and Pre Mixing on the Push
- EQ and Compression
- Gain Staging
Lesson 6 - Live Performance
- Integration with other Midi Controllers
- Live Template setup
- Using hardware (drum machines and synths)
- Creating a Selector Kit (128 Drum Rack) for the Push
- Push Secrets and Shortcuts
- Stank Pack - Funk Sample Pack - Walkthru and Demo